Thursday, September 28, 2006

 

Hello from the Balagne!

This is a first. For the first time, I’m posting this blog entry from Corsica, having succeeded in installing a phone and internet connection here in the Balagne.

So I’m sitting here in our apartment in Lumio, with a streaming cold, playing with my computer while my wife, son, daughter in law and grandson play on the beach at Arinella.

The installation was nowhere near as difficult as I thought it would be. A very helpful young lady at France Telecom in Ile Rousse advised me on tariffs and arranged for the engineers to install the line; Super U provided me with a handset. And a few hours later here I am writing my blog thanks to the wonders of modern technology. OK, we did buy the wrong handset at first, but I got there in the end.

Watch this space – I’m here for another week and a half, so cold permitting I should be able to give you some more interesting stuff a little later. On the agenda is a visit to a potter in Santa Reparata and a vineyard on the east coast. I promise not to bore you with anything about my grandson - even if he is now able to sit up.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

counter customizable free hit