Saturday, December 23, 2006

 

BA cuts back its flights to Bastia

I'm disappointed to note that British Airways appears to have reduced the number of direct flights offered through GB Airways between London Gatwick and Bastia.

After running a Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday flight during peak months last year, we appear to be back to Sunday only flights. While I'm delighted that GB Airways continue to offer the Sunday service, I'm disappointed that it's no longer possible to go there direct at other times in the week.

It used to be possible to fantasise about grabbing a long weekend in Calvi - going out on Thursday and coming back on Sunday. Maybe I should have done it while it was possible, 'cos it ain't going to be possible next year.

I have tried to contact both British Airways and GB Airways about the change of policy but have not yet had a reply. So it's left to me to surmise why. My guess is that the arrival of new Thomsonfly flights have upped the ante and the BA gang have made a tactical withdrawal. As a result, we Brits are now back to being the people who go to Corsica on Sunday - even though most holiday accommodations have their changeover days on Saturdays.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

counter customizable free hit